INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS
Please read the information attentively. Compliance with all the requirements will permit us to review your work and make a decision on an urgent basis. At the end there is a cheklist that will help you to make sure that you have confirmed to all the requirements.
1. Information about the journal
The peer-reviewed journal “MCU JOURNAL OF PEDAGOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY” aims to become the main platform for scientific dialogue between scientists from different countries on the topics concerning the theoretical foundations, methods and directions of developing the potential of people and society as a whole.
The journal is a scientific bridge connecting countries and continents for the harmonious civilization development. The peer-reviewed journal “MCU JOURNAL OF PEDAGOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY” aims to involve a wide range of researchers in the process of scientific debate in order to expand the journal’s geography recognition.
This is an open-access journal, and the editorial board will provide support to the authors in the development of dialogue between countries and continents, welcoming the following types of research:
– Studies with several points of view and conducted in different locations;
– Longitudinal studies that reveal the results of scientific and educational initiatives and innovations;
– Intervention results (both positive and negative);
– Dialogues between scientists from different fields, institutions, cultures and contexts aimed at developing mutual understanding and interaction at different levels.
The manuscripts submitted to the editorial board must not contain highly specialized vocabulary; they must be analytical (not descriptive) in nature; be critically oriented; represent original ideas and findings developed by the authors.
Each article is published in Russian. The papers must be supplied with the meta-data in two languages, Russian and English (including title, list of authors, keywords, abstract). The editorial team kindly organizes the translation of meta-data.
The journal applies double-blind peer review, and all manuscripts are reviewed by at least two competent reviewers.
Accepted manuscripts must meet high scientific standards.
If the reviewers recommend accepting the manuscript after additional editing, the author must make all the proposed changes (or justify their refusal to make them in a written form). The editor reviews the manuscript after editing by the author. If the reviewer is satisfied with the quality of the corrected manuscript, the manuscript is accepted for publication.
2. Publication language
The peer-reviewed journal “The Journal of Moscow City University” series “Education Science and Psychology” publishes articles in Russian. The title of the articles, abstracts and keywords are presented in Russian and English. The list of references should be written in Latin.
3. General information
Only articles written in a scientific style are accepted for publication provided that the information is presented clearly and consistently. The scientific article should give a description of the original research, with a clearly presented purpose statement, a hypothesis and the course of their confirmation or refutation.
The articles (both theoretical and empirical) must focus on an innovative approach to the issue.
The research article must give a description of the original research, with a clearly presented hypothesis and the course of its confirmation (or refutation).
Articles must include the following subsections: title, information about the authors, postal address, abstract, keywords, introduction, methods and methodological grounds of the research, results, discussion issues, conclusions, acknowledgements, references, tables, figures.
The review article is the result of the work of the author or a group of authors to summarize various research on a particular topic. The general structure of the article includes: title, information about the authors, postal address, abstract, keywords, text of the article (introduction, methodological grounds, results, discussion issues, conclusions), acknowledgements, references, tables, figures.
For empirical research it is necessary to provide not only a description, but also an analysis of the results; the review of developing areas must be not informative only, but critical; the theory must be original and contain new viewpoints.
We accept articles that have a scientific novelty. The description of traditional methods of well-known scientific fields must contain new aspects for a positive reviewers’ assessment.
The brevity of the presentation is an advantage regardless of the total length of the article. Do not use uncertain questionable and assumptions, all abbreviations must be decoded at the first mention.
The length of an article must be from 20 000 to 40 000 characters with spaces excluding the list of references which are used by the author. An extensive reference list is not an advantage. The reasons for citations and references must be clear from the context. Verify authenticity and formatting attentively (see
Requirements to article’s formatting)
4. Publication Ethics
4.1 The Editorial Team
As editors we are fully responsible for everything that is published in the “MCU JOURNAL OF PEDAGOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY “. We are committed to:
- Strive to cater to the needs of our readers and authors, by encouraging authors, reviewers, special correspondents, experts, readers, members of the editorial board to express openly their opinions and ideas for improving our practices.
- Strive to work on the continuous improvement of the journal. We constantly monitor the developments in the field of expert review and the scientific publication sphere. We constantly monitor the developments in the field of expert review and the scientific publication sphere.
- Develop and introduce into our work the methods and practices that help ensure the quality of the papers we publish. Concurrently, we regularly review, refine and improve these methods and practices.
- Support initiatives aimed at developing the proficiency of researchers and increasing their competencies in the issues of publication ethics, as well as in preventing violations of the scientific standards. We constantly monitor the degree of influence of our principles and regulations on the behavior of authors and reviewers, regularly updating all regulations to encourage responsible behavior.
- Оrganize our work in such a way as to form a conscientious attitude and highly moral behavior among the authors (for example, to ensure that the order of the specified authors reflects the significance of their contribution) and to prevent any violations of the norms of scientific work (for example, to exclude cases of unnamed authorship, as well as authors who have not made a significant contribution to the work).
- Value and protect freedom of expression. We consider manuscripts of any origin from the widest range of authors without bias, regardless of their nationality, ethnic and racial affiliation, political and religious beliefs. Our decisions are not influenced by governmental actions. All decisions concerning the editing and publication are determined only by the internal regulations of the journal and in accordance with our principles.
- Encourage and always take into account constructive and reasonable criticism of the papers published in the journal. The authors of the criticized works are offered with an opportunity to respond.
- Objectively accept for consideration articles that set out negative results, i.e. results that go against the generally accepted opinion.
- Maintain a conscientious attitude to scientific work.
- Do not allow production needs and economic benefits to impact our actions and affect quality standards.
- Be ready to publish corrections, clarifications, refutations, apologies in cases where it may be necessary.
- Inform readers about the measures taken by the journal to ensure an unprejudiced attitude to the manuscripts submitted to the journal staff and the members of the editorial board.
- Indicate in the published articles the dates of manuscript submitting and acceptance for publication.
- Make decisions concerning the Make decisions concerning the corporate style of the journal based not only on the aesthetic and personal preferences, but on relevant arguments – so as to promote clarity and quality.
- Ensure that all press releases prepared and issued by the journal reflect the essence of the mentioned articles and their context.
- Ensure that any claims and complaints against the journal will be handled with all seriousness and in accordance with the instructions of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). In case there are complaints regarding any aspect of the journal’s activities, please contact a member of the editorial board. Their names and contacts are available on the journal’s website.
- Investigate any comments and statements regarding potential violations of the norms of scientific work as follows:
- First of all, we will contact those who are suspected of violating the norms of scientific work, and ask them to explain the issue.
- If we are not satisfied with the received response, we will contact the appropriate authorized body and ask them to investigate.
- We will do everything in our power to initiate a full-fledged investigation; if such an investigation is not organized, we will continue to search for ways to resolve the issue, using all possible reasonable methods.
- Maintain a system for tracking and controlling cases of conflicts of interest (concerning both ourselves and our employees, authors, reviewers and members of the editorial board).
4.2 We promise our authors that:
- All manuscripts submitted to the journal are reviewed by competent reviewers who are official members of the journal’s review group (including reviewers working with statistical data).
- As far as possible, we take into account and respect the authors’ wishes and requests that their manuscripts should not be considered by a particular reviewer, if the reasons expressed for this are justified.
- Decisions regarding the acceptance of articles and refusals are made only on the basis of the quality of the submitted manuscripts, their relevance, significance, originality, clarity of presentation, as well as the validity of the conclusions and compliance with the journal’s scientific field.
- We do not review the decisions made, except in cases when there are serious problems regarding the manuscripts.
- We publish complete and transparent descriptions of our review practices (double-blind peer review) and are ready to justify any deviations from the stated practices.
- We guarantee that all our reviewers are given clear instructions not to disclose the comments on the manuscripts they have reviewed not to distribute them or share them with anyone except the editors. The reviewers are given an opportunity to get acquainted with the anonymous comments of other reviewers, if they review the same manuscript.
- We send the reviewers’ comments to the authors in full (unless they contain offensive or slanderous remarks).
- Any mistakes, inaccuracies, statements leading to misconceptions will be corrected immediately.
- We are committed to support those authors whose copyrights are violated, or those who have suffered from plagiarism. We intend to contact and work together with the journals where unscrupulous authors are published with the aim of restoring justice (we will seek the cancellation of unscrupulous publications, provide apologies and refutations, remove materials from the journals’ websites that published them).
- Any complaints and objections regarding the way we work with the manuscripts will be taken very seriously. Each complaint or objection will be thoroughly investigated in accordance with the instructions of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). If you have any complaints about the way your manuscript is handled by the journal, please contact the members of the editorial board. Their names and contacts are available on the journal’s website https:……….
- Any concerns and comments raised regarding potential violations of the norms of scientific work, including disputes over authorship, will be investigated in accordance with the instruction approved by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). The instruction is available at: http://publicationethics.org/resources/flowcharts. The decision on the manuscript will be temporarily postponed until the investigation is completed. The decision on the manuscript will be temporarily postponed until the investigation is completed.
- The procedures of actions and instructions for authors are reviewed regularly and updated if necessary (the updated versions are immediately published on the journal’s website).
4.3 In turn, we ask our authors:
1. To confirm that their work is original, has not been previously published or currently considered by other journals. The authors are required to make this confirmation when submitting their manuscript.
2. Not to submit manuscripts that have been published before or contain borrowings from other works – plagiarism and self-plagiarism are not acceptable. “MCU JOURNAL OF PEDAGOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY “ applies a system that identifies borrowed text. Submitted works that have not passed the originality test by the system are rejected.
3. If the paper is based on a study that was funded by a certain person or body, the author must indicate in the manuscript those who allocated funds.
4. Declare the conflict of interest (if present).
5. Specify on the paper only those authors who have made a significant contribution to the research. All persons indicated as authors are collectively and equally responsible for the submitted paper. The regulations concerning the issues of authorship are indicated in the section “Information for authors”.
6. Respect and maintain the privacy of certain aspects of authors’ activities. Regardless of the legal requirements of their location, authors must protect the privacy of information obtained in the course of their research and professional interactions. This means that the publication of the research results often involves obtaining a written consent of people who may recognize themselves or may be recognized in your publication. It is permissible to publish certain information without written permission, for example, if the scientific merit and public interest in the research significantly outbalance the possible negative consequences, or if written permission cannot be obtained, and the probability that individuals who participated in the research would be against the publication is low.. The indication in the manuscript of the privacy measures taken with regard to the research content will be welcome. Please take into account that a consent to participate in the study or to the disclose personal data, photos, quotes in the publication are two different things.
7. Conform to the relevant international research regulations in your work (for example, the standards of research in the field of education by AERA and BERA, the Helsinki Declaration on Preclinical and Clinical Research).
8. If it is possible, indicate that the research has been previously approved by the appropriate body (for example, the research ethics committee, the institutional supervisory board) in the manuscript. If it is necessary, we will be able to ask the authors to present the necessary documents (permits, consents, etc.) confirming their ethical research behavior.
5. Open access to data
The peer-reviewed journal “MCU JOURNAL OF PEDAGOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY“ advises the authors of articles that present empirical research to provide open access to data usage, for example, departmental repositories (data repositories).
In case it is not possible, the articles will not be accepted for publication in the journal, but it should be indicated that open access to data is one of the criteria for assessment of their article.
6. Requirements to article’s formatting
Your manuscripts must correspond to the style of the American Psychological Association (APA – 7th edition), this applies particularly to the formatting of the reference list, since for editing the reference list is the biggest challenge.
Information about the APA style is available at the link: http://www.apastyle.org/index.aspx
Articles that are not formatted according to the APA style will be returned for additional editing before they are considered by the editorial board.
7. Article submission procedure
7.1 Revise your manuscript before submission
Before submitting a manuscript to “MCU JOURNAL OF PEDAGOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY“, the editorial board recommends the authors to contact their colleagues and request to review the article. Internal review does not impact the acceptance of the article for publication, but our experience shows that it makes the article complete and increases their chances of success!
7.2 Submitting documents
The manuscript must not contain typewritten, spelling or other mistakes. The author is responsible for providing the manuscript without mistakes, they must not completely rely on spelling check programmes. In case of mistakes it is hard to conduct an objective review.
As text editing programs become more advanced, submitting manuscripts in a professional format becomes easier. Do not apply additional software tools. Apply a simple text format, such as Microsoft Word 97 or 2000. At the last round of editing, the editors have to switch off additional functions, which may lead to distortion of the manuscript’s meaning. This process takes a lot of time and may delay the publication of the article until the next issue of the journal. Before submitting an article that has been formatted for internal use, please switch off all additional functions.
Figures and tables must be included in the text to facilitate the work of reviewers. Use high-resolution images in bmp, jpeg or tif format; avoid pale colors that will not be visible in the printed black and white format. Use dashed lines to separate the lines in the graphs. The editors of the journal does not redraw the original figures.
7.3 When submitting the manuscript, it is necessary to indicate:
- Brief information about the authors;
- Comment on a conflict of interests;
- Comment on open access to data and ethics.
ORCID provides individual researchers with an identifier that can be added to the name under which they conduct their research, scientific and innovative activities.
We provide open tools that allow authors to build reliable and transparent links between researchers, their contributions and related organizations.
We offer our services to help everyone find the necessary information, as well as to simplify reporting and analysis of activities.
The mission of ORCID is to create a world where all participants in research, scientific and innovative activities have a unique identifier that connects them with the results of their work, regardless of the scientific discipline, place or time. “MCU JOURNAL OF PEDAGOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY”strongly recommends all authors to indicate their ORCID identifiers during submitting manuscripts for consideration. If you don’t have your own ORCID yet, you can obtain it through the website www.orcid.org. In addition, on this website there is detailed information about ORCID and how to “secure” the publications. If you apply for a Scopus Author ID, Scopus will definitely refer to your ORCID data, and then, with your permission, transfer this information to the Scopus register.
9. Rejection of the article
The article can be rejected if:
- It does not correspond to the journal’s subject (see page 1). We will recommend to offer another journal;
- The article does not contain acute information on this topic;
- The results are based only on the opinions of students and teachers;
- The article does not include a comprehensive theoretical base and / or references to the relevant literature;
- There is no evidence of contribution to the problem of ensuring information, psychological and economic security of society and the state; there is no significant contribution to the practice and theory in this field;
- More than 25 % of borrowed text has been detected for review manuscripts and more that 50 % of borrowed text for empirical articles;
- The length of the article significantly exceeds the requirements;
- The text is difficult for reviewers and readers to understand.
The manuscript will be returned for improvement if:
- There is no comment about conflicts of interests or about open access to data and ethics for empirical research;
- it does not correspond to the APA style.
10. Peer-review procedure
All articles are reviewed thoroughly and independently (a double-blind method is applied), the article is published as soon as the author is ready to respond to the corrections of the reviewers.
The peer-review procedure is completely private, according to the rules of reviewing, reviewers do not discuss the article with anyone except the editors working with the manuscript.
“MCU JOURNAL OF PEDAGOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY“ is published four times a year, due to the limited volume of the issue, articles can be rescheduled for publication to the next journal’s issue at the very last moment. Due to the limited volume of the journal, it is not always possible to indicate in which journal’s issue the article will be published, even if it is accepted for publication after improvement.
The copyright for any article published in the peer-reviewed journal “MCU JOURNAL OF PEDAGOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY “ is reserved for the authors of the article, at the same time they provide to the State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Education of the city of Moscow ” Moscow City University “(hereinafter-MCU) the license to publish the article, which makes the MCU the publishing house carring out the first edition of the article.
Authors can choose a type of license (Creative Commons) which will be applied during publishing:
Full descriptions of these licenses are available on the Creative Commons website: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/
If the authors received financial support from an organization during working with an article, this organization may require the author to specify a type of license.
If the author does not know which license to choose, they needs to consult with their organization.
We require that any reproduction (full or partial) or distribution of the text of the published article is carried out according to this Agreement and must include a reference to “MCU JOURNAL OF PEDAGOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY” and Moscow City University. This reference must contain: the title of the article, the author, the number and journal’s issue, MCU. The reference to the electronic version of the article posted on the journal’s website is welcome.
12. Claims and complaints
If you have any complaints about the quality of journal’s work with your manuscript, please contact the members of the editorial board.
Their names and addresses are available on the journal’s official website https://pedpsyjournal.mgpu.ru.
Your claim will be considered according to the principles and rules established by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
Full information about the procedures for the review of charges and complaints by the Journal is contained in our Ethical policy.
Approximate structure of the article in the journal “MCU JOURNAL OF PEDAGOGY AND PSYCHOLOGY”
Type of the article
UDC of the article
Title of the article
Authors of the article
The order of the authors must correspond to the volume of their scientific contribution. All authors are responsible for their contributions. We ask to include only those authors who have contributed significantly to the work; those colleagues who have slightly contributed to the editing of the article, etc., can be mentioned in the “acknowledgements” section after the conclusion.
Place of work and a brief biography of the authors (position, e-mail, a brief description of academic interests).
The main text of the article (introduction, etc.)
Comments on open access to data, ethics, conflict of interests
- A short paragraph indicating information about where and how to obtain your data.
- Comment on the rules of ethics, which provide the research and approval by the relevant ethics committee. You may need to indicate how you guaranteed the rights of the persons involved in your research, declare the absence of caused harm, how anonymity was observed, etc.
- A short comment indicating the existing conflict of interests regarding the manuscript that you are submitting for publication. Conflicts of interests in the field of learning technologies are less common than, for example, in biomedical developments, when authors can use funding received from pharmaceutical companies. Moreover, if the claimed work is related to commercial products (for example: software developed for the educational process), it is necessary to find out whether there is a conflict of interests and declare it at the beginning of the work. If there is no conflict of interest, state this distinctly and clearly.
Checklist before submitting the manuscript
This checklist will help you to confirm whether your manuscript is ready for submitting. Please does not attach to your article!
|Your ORCID number|
|Title of the article (in two languages)|
|Abstract (in two languages)|
|Keywords (in two languages)|
|Comment on a conflict of interests|
|If your manuscript is an empirical research:|
|Comment on open access to data|
|Comment on ethics|
|Are all the authors listed, do they agree to publish the article in the “The Academic Journal of Moscow City University” series “Education Science and Psychology”, and are they responsible for the content of the article?|
|Have you included an email address for correspondence?|
|The total length of the article does not exceed 40,000 printed characters with spaces, excluding the reference list|
|The reference list is formatted in the APA style (see part 6)|
|Check your manuscript for plagiarism (see part 9)?|